Happy New Year!
Ok, so I've been pretty bad about keeping up with this blog. But that's okay. It's just a blog! :) I would resolve to write more, but I have a tendency to let resolutions fall by the wayside, and quickly at that. So I'll just continue to update when I feel like it.
However, I did complete quite a task- a task full of tasks to complete, actually. I made my list of 101 things to do in 1001 days, with the starting date of today (01.01.10). (I actually just wrote 2009... this may take a while to catch on to!)
Hopefully I'll be able to grow from this list and have lots of new experiences. And I'm willing to accept that I may not be able to complete all the tasks in those 1001 days (ending 09.28.12), but it's the trying that counts! :)
Anyway, to learn more about the project, visit the Day Zero Project.
I hope to keep up with my progress some on this blog. And without further ado, here is my list:
1. Go to Europe or Hawaii.
2. Go to Disney World again.
3. Read 50 books.
4. Do the 365 Day Project.
5. Have my first kiss.
6. Complete the Couch to 5K.
7. Go to New York City.
8. Get a spa treatment at a real spa.
9. Buy a designer item.
10. Get a manicure and pedicure on the same day.
11. Read the entire Bible.
12. Send a secret to PostSecret.
13. Leave a secret in a PostSecret book.
14. Complete the 5000 question survey.
15. Don't eat fast food or food from any restaurant for one month each year (excludes water) (0/3).
16. Don't drink anything carbonated for one month each year (0/3).
17. Watch 26 movies, each one starting with a different letter of the alphabet (0/26).
18. Attend the midnight premiere of a movie.
19. Have at least $1000 in savings.
20. Place 25 different inspirational quotes in unsuspecting places for people to find (0/25).
21. Go ice skating.
22. Go on a semi-spontaneous overnight trip.
23. Swim with dolphins.
24. Give 5 "just because" gifts (0/5).
25. Write a short story.
27. Move out.
28. Buy a different car.
29. Learn to crochet.
30. Learn to knit.
31. Give someone a thank-you card once a month (0/33).
32. Send 10 postcards via PostCrossing (0/10).
33. Make a skirt for myself.
34. Go bungee jumping.
35. Go rock climbing (indoor or outdoor).
36. Start a scrapbook and fill at least 15 pages (0/15).
37. Fit into size 14 jeans.
38. Go to the movies at least 5 times a year (0/15).
39. Watch every Julia Roberts movie I have not seen.
40. Attend a dance class (of some sort).
41. Learn one new word a month (0/33).
42. Take a picture of 26 different things, each starting with a different letter of the alphabet (0/26).
43. Lead Vacation Bible School.
44. Go into a salon and have them cut my hair in the style they think would look best.
45. Try 10 new recipes (0/10).
46. Have a Disney movie marathon day: watch The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Snow White, The Lion King, and Sleeping Beauty all in one day
47. Buy a coloring book and complete it.
48. Grant 3 wishes via http://www.wishuponahero.com (0/3).
49. Create a small recipe book of my family's favorite recipes.
50. Watch a sunrise three times and take pictures at least once (0/3).
51. Watch a sunset three times and take pictures at least once (0/3).
52. Make a list of 100 things that make me happy.
53. Go parasailing.
54. Go jetskiing.
55. Create something for Lily to put in her room.
56. Create something for Hannah to put in her room.
57. Grow my own herbs.
58. On graduation day, open the letter I wrote to myself on my 18th birthday.
59. Eat at a restaurant I've never eaten at before.
60. Complete 15 creative writing prompts via http://www.creativewritingprompts.com (0/15)
61. Ride my bike.
62. Visit Wildhorse Saloon.
63. Wear a flower in my hair for an entire day (can be a fake flower).
64. Pay for someone behind me in a drive-thru.
65. Reread the Harry Potter series.
66. Send flowers to someone on their birthday.
67. Spend 24 hours away from the computer five times (0/5).
68. Find out my blood type.
69. Participate in a charity/foundation walk.
70. Learn to say "I love you" in 5 different languages (0/5).
71. Wear my hair a different way each day for one week (0/7).
72. Play tennis.
73. Get personalized stationery.
74. Go to a yoga class.
75. Make a card for someone.
76. Watch every single episode of I Love Lucy.
77. Read the rest of the Twilight series BEFORE their respective movies are released in theaters (0/2).
78. Start a financial record book, and keep up with it for 6 months at least (0/6).
79. Buy for at least one child off the Angel Tree at Christmas time.
80. Go fishing with my grandpa.
81. Buy a new swimsuit.
82. Wear make-up (other than foundation and powder) every day for one week (0/7).
83. Build a gingerbread house.
84. Watch all seasons of Sex and the City.
85. Host a murder mystery party.
86. Put together a 500+ piece puzzle on my own.
87. Buy a journal and wreck it (via Wreck This Journal).
88. Drink 64 oz of water a day for one month (0/30).
89. Jump into the deep end of a pool.
90. Memorize 10 Bible verses (0/10).
91. Go white water rafting.
92. Create a flower arrangement.
93. Keep bedroom clean for one month.
94. Keep inside of car clean for one month.
95. Paint my toenails yellow.
96. Create a soundtrack of my life so far.
97. Accessorize an outfit with jewelry every day for one week (0/7).
98. Take at least a 10 minute walk every day for a month (0/30).
99. Leave 50 Operation Beautiful post-it notes in random places (0/50).
100. Compile a list of 101 of my favorite quotes (0/101).
101. Photograph and/or document every goal completed.