Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Put It Simply

It's kind of amazing how fast things can change. You can be having a pretty great day, and within an hour, end up crying your eyes out and wondering if there is somewhere you could go for the night to get away from everything.
I've been having a great last few days. Saturday was spent with most of my favorite people in the world, followed by a good birthday Sunday. Yesterday involved a wonderful afternoon spent with my best friends, just chatting on a patio until the sun went down.
Turn the clocks to twenty four hours later, and here I am writing a blog post about how I am huddled in my room and wondering why things go downhill so quickly.
I really don't want this blog to just turn into me whining everyday about the "horrors" in my life. But sometimes, I think the devil just really tries to throw rocks at the window that looks out over what seems to be a perfect landscape (either a beach on Hawaii or Disney World, in my vision at least). Sometimes he throws small ones after small ones, slowly cracking the glass until it shatters. Other times, he throws boulders that just obliterate the entire window into shards, which is what it feels like he did today. And to put it simply, it just really... sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment