Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Not Neverland

Today was the first day toward the start of the rest of my life. Job searching. And not just a measly part-time job as a cashier or computer-watcher that I would dump as soon as I no longer needed it, but a real, serious "big girl" job. A job that I've been going to school for the past 4 years to obtain.
I'm a nervous wreck. I feel like a bumbling idiot when talking to managers, like I'm just repeating myself or making no sense at all or sounding false (or a number of other negative things). It's nerve-wrecking to think that the people I talked to today have the ability to control the path my life takes for the next few years. Do I even know what I want my life to be in the next few years?
Basically, this isn't Neverland, and I'm being rushed into growing up at full, rushing speed. And it's scary as heck.

No comments:

Post a Comment