Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Late

So I haven't been able to update this blog as much as I had originally planned, but that's life for you. Especially life in nursing school!

Speaking of which, I'm in the middle of week three of semester three. I have my very first clinical (of the semester) Monday, and I'm kind of petrified. These are kids. Sick kids. From what it seems, they have so much more going on than what I've been used to on a typical floor. Feeding tubes, traction, etc. I'm just used to the basic IV and oxygen hook-ups. And that's a bit nerve-wrecking. Not only that, but I'm afraid of having a kid who doesn't like me. In the words of one of my favorite instructors, I'm not getting paid for whether or not my patient likes me. But these are kids, and it just seems more important that they like me than it did with my adult patients.

I'm also scared that I'm going to hate pediatric nursing. I've always considered this something I'd absolutely love... something I'd bank on as my future. But what if I hate it?

Maybe I'm just putting too much thought into this. That's what I get for late-night blogs made as an attempt to avoid studying.

No comments:

Post a Comment